Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Penne with Eggplant and Pesto


Scott was in the mood for dinner that included something with eggplant...so I found this recipe from Giada De Laurentiis for trenette with eggplant and basil pesto.  It's a great summer pasta dish that's light, and very delicious.  I used penne instead of trenette (whole wheat penne, Scott couldn't even tell the difference...I love tricking him).  I also did not make fresh pesto...shame on me.  I will post a recipe for fresh basil pesto soon.

Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis
Serves: 4-6
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb penne pasta
  • 1 eggplant, diced in 1 inch squares
  • 8 oz basil pesto
  • 1 cup freshly shaved parmesan cheese
  • olive oil
  • salt & pepper to taste

Cook pasta over medium-high heat until al dente (remember to salt the water, and add olive oil so the pasta doesn't stick!).  Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a pan and add eggplant.  Cook for about 8 minutes, then add pesto. 

Add the penne into a big pot and add the parmesan cheese and mix thoroughly.  Then add the eggplant pesto to the pasta and stir to combine all the flavors.  Add salt and pepper to taste.


 Happy cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment