Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Classic Guacamole


Let me start by saying that Scott has claimed that this is the best guacamole he has ever had!  Yay!  I used to always buy premade guacamole, until I read the label!  Half the ingredients are processed and very unhealthy...sometimes it's not even made with avocados!  Guacamole can be very healthy, but you have to make from scratch in order to achieve all of it's benefits...and it my opinion, guac tastes SO much better when made yourself.

Serves: 2-3
Ingredients:
  • 3 ripe hass avocados
  • 1 tomato, seeded & diced
  • 1/2 red onion, diced
  • juice of half a lime
  • serrano chili pepper, diced
  • 1 garlic, finely grated (I used my zester to achieve this)
  • pinch of cayenne
  • pinch of onion powder
  • salt & pepper to taste

Add all ingredients together, and lightly beat with a fork until lumpy to your desire.

Happy Cooking!

2 comments:

  1. Great recipe! Will use it this summer! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I LOVE fresh guac in the summer, it perfectly compliments margaritas on a hot day!

    ReplyDelete