Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup



My friend Rebecca is on the "Slow Carb Diet" and is constantly making dishes that comply with the diets rules.  She made a tortilla soup recipe that sounded amazing, so I just had to give it a whirl.  The cookbook recipe calls for a rotisserie chicken, however, I made my own chicken by boiling 2 breasts and shredding.  I also raided my spice cabinet and added some chili powder and cumin, just for good measure.  I made a giant pot of this and thew it in the freezer for my work work lunches.  This recipe is yummy, very easy to make, and the best part is that it's healthy!

Adapted from the The Slow Carb Cookbook
Serves: 4-6
Ingredients:
  • 1 rotisserie chicken pulled apart (or 2 breasts of cooked shredded chicken)
  • 1 can refried beans
  • 2 cans of chicken stock (or 1 full carton, 32 oz)
  • 2 cans Rotel tomatoes
  • 1/2 can of black beans
  • 1 can southwestern style corn


Wisk the chicken stock with the refried beans.  Add all other ingredients until hot and thoroughly mixed together.


Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment